Wednesday 8 January 2014

Photography and writing: new TVAD member Carolyn Lefley

This is my first post to the TVAD blog. I have just joined the TVAD research group and would like to introduce myself. I’ve been teaching at the University of Hertfordshire since 2011. I'm a photographic artist, research and writer. My research and practice has many crossovers with TVAD’s core focus on the relationships between text, narrative and image.  Here is a selection of my current projects/research:


  • I'm current co-writing a new photography critical theory text book 'Rethinking Photography', Publisher: Routledge (2015)

  • I presented a paper at Essex University last year at the 'Translating Myth' conference. My illustrated paper was entitled: 'Picturing Myth: Double exposed realities. A meditation on a photography project'.

I will discuss my latest research at a TVAD research seminar on March 19th. Until then, here are some of my web links:

Carolyn Lefley

Realm XI (Shapeshifter), Carolyn Lefley, 2009-2013, digital C-type print


No comments:

Post a Comment